Elements: Where is the Ruler tool?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hello, I was really counting on being able to use the ruler for many intricate diagonal or non straight measurements done with grids and guides I found... The tool used to be available on previous versions of Elements. I automatically assumed it would be on the latest version I purchased (13). Is it there and I just have not found it? I really need this... Please help. Thank you.
Photo of Genevieve Bussiere

Genevieve Bussiere

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jeffrey Tranberry

Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging

  • 15208 Posts
  • 2184 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Genevieve,

Elements doesn't have a ruler tool but you can use the line tool and the Info panel get measurements: https://forums.adobe.com/message/3999...

Photoshop CC has sophisticated measurement tools for doing detailed image analysis: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/usin...

You can even measure in perspective: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/usin...