Which version of Photoshop do I need for creating cartoons?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)
Could you tell me which version of PS I need .I'm only after coloring comics or cartoons for myself as a hobby,purely amateur only.
Photo of DanR


  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Chris Cox

Chris Cox

  • 20280 Posts
  • 837 Reply Likes
If you only need RGB, then Photoshop Elements should be good. (as an amateur, this should be fine)

If you need to work in CMYK at all, then you'll need the full version of Photoshop.

Also, check the tutorials on sites like deviantart for what they use and recommend.
Photo of christoph pfaffenbichler

christoph pfaffenbichler, Champion

  • 1252 Posts
  • 185 Reply Likes
And working in CMYK, as Mr.Cox mentions, might be advisable mainly if there is fine black linework that it would be better to print as pure overprinting black to avoid registration issues.
Which would not apply if you, for example, distribute your artwork only digitally.