Lightroom: Web module not functioning with 3.6 software update

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)
I updated my Lightroom software to 3.6 version yesterday, and since then, the upload capability on the WEB module isn't functioning. All the FTP file transfer information has remained the same through my presets. What is going on? How do I solve this problem or switch my software back to 3.5, which gave no problems. Thank you.
Photo of Christina Haldane

Christina Haldane

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of jdv

jdv, Champion

  • 728 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Tell us what "isn't functioning" means. Describe the symptoms and any debugging steps you have taken.
Photo of Christina Haldane

Christina Haldane

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi John, thanks so much for your reply. My Upload settings in the Web Module are the same as before, and when I go to 'upload' the Web gallery 'invalid login' appears or no 'connection to server'. My site(server) is functioning as normal, so I'm not sure what is going on. My connection to the internet is good too. I have also turned off my firewall, in case that was preventing the connection. The only thing that is different is that I upgraded to the 3.6, and also I have upgraded my MAC software to the latest edition of Lion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of jdv

jdv, Champion

  • 728 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Are you using ftp or scp to transfer the photos? Have you tried re-entering the credentials (user, password) in the preset? Can you login to the remote host using the exact same credentials.

Unfortunately, there isn't much visibility (that I know of) into workings of the networking that is going on. You can try opening up the console log (search for "console") and filtering on Lightroom. Then reproduce the problem and see if anything shows up there.
Photo of Christina Haldane

Christina Haldane

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi John, I am using ftp, and have also tried re-entering all the info(user name, password, server path etc) and double checked all this info, to make sure it's all accurate and as before. I make web galleries all the time for my clients, and this is the first time I have had a major problem. I don't manage my photography website myself, so I have to check with my designer to make sure that the user name and password are the same, although I don't see any reason why they would have changed. I have just down graded back to the 3.5 lightroom, as I thought that might sort it out, but unfortunately the 'invalid login' is still coming up once I attempt to download. I am definitely stumped with this.....