This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom: Restore features removed from Import in LR 6.2 / CC 2015.2
CRITICAL TO HAVE BUT WERE REMOVED:
1) Filename is now hidden under a tooltip. It is critical to have this visible on the thumbnails all the time to verify that there are no gaps between images imported previously and this import.
2) The filename preview (when renaming) is gone. Come on guys, how do you know that you picked the right rename preset, or coded it right without being able to see the result?
3) Move is gone. You can only Add the photos at their existing location or Copy the photos to a new location. I use "MOVE" all the time. With "Copy" if the import terminates before completion or I did not select all the images in a folder for importing, knowing which images were processed, and can be manually deleted from the source folder, is a laborious manual effort of comparing the source and target folders, file by file. With the no longer available "MOVE" this took care of itself. Not having MOVE is a big productivity hit..
4) Duplicate photos can’t be imported (without workarounds). Sometimes importing duplicates is exactly what I want to do.
5) Destination panel folders preview is gone, including the italic preview showing your chosen folder structure, the check marks to their right, and the volume information showing how much space was available on each drive. Being able to see this info is critical in avoiding errors.
USEFUL TO HAVE FROM TIME TO TIME BUT WERE REMOVED"
1) Zoom is gone from the Import Loupe view. Absolutely no reason to have removed this.
2) Total file size is gone from the bottom left corner. Absolutely no reason to have removed this.
IF YOU INSIST ON KEEPING THIS "IMPORT FOR DUMMIES" APPROACH, PLEASE GIVE US AN "ADVANCED" MODE WHICH IS THE PRE 2015.2 VERSION JUST AS IT WAS - maybe make which one you get a preference.