Updated LR CC from 7.3 to 7.4. When going from library to develop mode, view screen for image is black. I have reviewed associated posts and no current fixes listed correct the issue. I await your reply. System is new Dell - i7-6700 cpu - 16 GB - 64 bit
Since we don't know what you've tried we can only just keep telling you things to try:
- Toggled Use-GPU preference - nothing different according to you.
- Have you let it sit for a few minutes to make sure it's just not busy?
- Is the histogram area also messed up?
- Have you rebooted?
- Have you powered off and rebooted?
- Have you shut down LR with Develop as the current module, rebooted, started LR, in case it's related to the switching instead of the module you're in? Switch back to Library after you test this.
- Have you tried a new empty catalog, imported one JPG photo, and switched between Library and Develop? Make note of the current catalog so you can go back to it.
- Have you purged the Video preview cache? Is the current photo a video?
- Have you deleted the catalogname-Previews.lrdata preview cache folder with LR shut down? Is the current photo not a video?
- Have you tried importing a JPG and making it the current photo before switching?
- Have you created and are using a new display profile using the Windows Calibration in the Advanced display properties? It's the thing with the gamma dots and the guy with a white shirt in a black room.
- Have you run chkdsk/scandisk?
- Have you run a memory check, at least a quick one?
- Are you current in Windows Updates?
- Are you current on Windows version 1803?
- Have you updated your video drivers from the video-card manufacturer's site?
- Have you switched off Antivirus temporarily?
- Have you unplugged unnecessary USB devices?