- starting in Grid view with a few thumbnails showing in a folder, and one photo selected
- tap the Touch icon
- the view switches to Develop, and all thumbnails vanish
- pressing the G key switches back to Grid view, and thumbnails appear in the main area, but Filmstrip is empty
- changing sources via the Folders panel never populates the Filmstrip, though the main area loads with thumbnails- restarting Lr is the only way to get it back to normal
This is not a function I use, but I did use it once on 7.2 and it did work. Just wanting to bring it to the team's attention.
With the latest update, Tablet Mode does not work when I switch to it on a convertible tablet. The photos all disappear from the bottom and you can't work on anything. I just discovered in the community forum that this is happening to others as well on Windows 10.
Clearly I am not alone
I along with everyone else here pay on an ongoing basis for a product which is now not working as it should.
I do not appreciate having to leave notes on a community forum, and hope that someone from Adobe deigns to take note, as opposed to me being able to log a fault or complaint directly and get a direct response
The initial postings that I've seen here and elsewhere about this are over a month old
The problem is happening across platforms and devices so it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the problem is at the product level
Fix it Adobe.
I am having issues with putting Lightroom Classic into touch mode on my Surface Book. I recently got a good deal on an original Surface Book i5 8gb Ram 256 SSD and the dGPU in the base. I got it to edit on the go and was looking forward to using touch mode since I hate editing with the track pad. When I press the touch mode icon, Lightroom says it is entering the develop module and the image and filmstrip go blank while the rest of the interface looks the same. To get the images back in the filmstrip I need to close Lightroom and reopen it. I have tried this docked with the keyboard and undocked, and tried enabling and disabling the GPU in settings.
Don't want to put anyone under any undue pressure, but's it's two months now...how are things coming along?
I've only recently started using a touch-enabled laptop, but from what I read this was a functionality that used to work and is now broken? Is this the case?
Presumably if so then the fixing of it is straightforward
Is the update that would fix this being bundled together with other bug-fixes, waiting until there's a sufficient number to merit an update?
"There are two direct responses from Adobe and an official response from engineering. Engineering is working on this issue. Thanks."
"We'll update this thread when the fix is available."
I'm trying to be very restrained and not use sarcasm or call into question Adobe's dedication to their savagely profitable paying customers or their technical ability to fix things they break...
So I'll just ask questions...
1. Do you think that 3 months is too soon to be looking for this to be fixed?
2. Do you in your role representing Adobe think we are being impatient customers?
3. Could you have someone from 'engineering' pitch in here and maybe give any rationale why this was not addressed in update 7.4?
4. Is this feature in fact being phased out for LR Classic?
5. Is there a need to create a new discussion and merge this one with it (entitled 'Lightroom Classic 7.4:Touch Workspace Really is Broke' or something like that)?
I have to say I was bitterly disappointed (putting it mildly) to upgrade to 7.4 and find the problem persisting
Like most people who complain here I've too much invested in the Adobe eco-system to walk away and stop giving you money...but I'm going to have a long hard look at buying the standalone LR6 as an alternative to keeping giving money (allegedly for ongoing updates and bug-fixes)
I have a new 2 in 1 laptop. Lightroom Classic CC works fine in laptop mode. Lightroom quits working and loses the thumbnail display when I switch to tablet mode.
Had someone do remote with my computer as lightroom crashed took him god knows how long to try and fix the problem....just to end up with no files on my computer and to top it of like many others the damn touch work space does not work....I am a total disgusted with the so called help I been give....not a happy bunny.
I remember being able to drag points in the curve in the previous version of the touch friendly interface. Am I imagining that feature?