This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Photoshop: Better Preset Organization (sub-folders, tag, search)
I have some (hopefully simple) ideas/suggestions for improvement of the actions palette in Photoshop. I’m using Photoshop CS5, so I don’t know if these issues already are taken care of in the latest version. In that case, happy joy! And please excuse my bad english...
- The possibility to use folders or sets (+ show/hide, i.e open/close folder/set) in button-mode.
- The possibility to change the color of the actions for a whole set.
- The possibility to use a custom color.
- Nested folders.
- Perhaps a search-box to quickly find actions nested in some closed folder or stuffed away way down at the bottom of the palette.
- Multiple-selection of actions (in normal mode), so you can change the color of a bunch of actions at the same time.
- Make it possible to save/backup all folders/sets in the actions palette.
I feel that these improvements is very much needed. The actions palette is a pain in the a** to organize right now. You have to double-click each action to assign it a color, and you can’t hide sets in button-mode that you don’t wan’t to use at the moment (this is only possible in normal mode, but folders/sets could be able to be used in button-mode as well).
Button-mode is the fastest way to use the actions, but if you have a great number of actions, the palette will very quick be a complete mess.
Thanks in advance, and best regards!
There are no replies.