Photoshop: Suggest for Dutch translations

  • 1
  • Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
First an itroduction. I translate Photoshop tutorials and tips  from English into Dutch and use PS for many years. There are some Photoshop translations that could do better.
The  Measure Tool is translated into Liniaal, but actually it is to measure things so it should be Meetlat.
In ACR: Targeted adjustment tool tanslated into Betreffend aanpassingsgereedschap  which tells you nothing about the function. I would prefer (Doel)gericht aanpassingsgereedschap.
Photo of R Smallenbroek

R Smallenbroek

  • 35 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Johan Elzenga

Johan Elzenga, Champion

  • 1726 Posts
  • 710 Reply Likes
I agree. It's obvious that the translations are done by a translator who is not a photographer nor a Photoshop user, so some translations are ludicrous. The new 'Guided' transformation is translated as 'Met instructies' (which means 'with instructions'). This probably comes from Photoshop Elements, which has a 'Guided Edit' that indeed gives you instructions. In this case however, it should be 'Met hulplijnen' (meaning 'with guide lines').
Photo of Iouri Tchernoousko

Iouri Tchernoousko, Employee

  • 76 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thank you for the suggestions, we will have the translation team review this post and take action as necessary.  If you locate more translations that need correcting, please add to this forum or write directly to "iouri" at Adobe. 

Iouri Tchernoousko, PS localization, San Jose