Photoshop: Speech bubbles

  • 1
  • Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
I would like to use speech bubbles and thought bubbles in Photoshop CC version 21.0.1.  I used to use this in photoshop elements, why is it not available in Photoshop CC?
Photo of Dave Gurnee

Dave Gurnee

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 8 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Cristen Gillespie

Cristen Gillespie

  • 2055 Posts
  • 720 Reply Likes
Photoshop does things a little bit differently from PSE, but the "talk bubbles" are available to you. You want to open the Shapes panel  and add the Legacy Shapes. Inside that are Talk Bubbles. You can also, of course, search the internet—there are many free and retail shape sets offered for Photoshop.

You may need to bone up on everything to do with paths, shapes, and the Type tool. It's not difficult once you know the basics, but it probably isn't as easy or automatic as it is in PSE. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that program, so I can't say how alike the two are in this respect.
Photo of Jeffrey Tranberry

Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging

  • 17068 Posts
  • 2906 Reply Likes
Window > Shapes...

Select "Legacy Shapes and more" from the Shapes Panel menu

Photo of PECourtejoie

PECourtejoie, Champion

  • 903 Posts
  • 333 Reply Likes
Hi, Jeffrey. the issue is that many users try to get them from the option bar, and search for legacy shapes there, as they can for legacy brushes, in the corresponding menu.
Photo of ed rogers

ed rogers

  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That's the only way to do it. The jump from Elements to PS is very ambitious and it takes a bit getting used to. I'm still getting used to it after 20+ years.