Lightroom 4.1: Slideshow encoding freezing

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • (Edited)
I have a re-occurring problem with LR4.1. It sometimes was a problem with earlier versions, but seems worse now. I (want to) always include a title, copyright slide with the customers name at the beginning of a slideshow, and an END slide as the last slide. I am having trouble with LR4.1 hanging up while encoding the frame for this END slide. I have tried saving it as a jpeg and copy/paste it into the folder of images to use in the slideshow. Sometimes this works, but not always. I have tried saving it as a TIFF, opening it in CS5 and save as a jpeg. Again sometimes this works, but not always. Lastly, I created a layered tiff, with all I need for both the title slide, and the end slide. This I open in CS, turn off the End layer, type in customers name, flatten & save as a jpeg for the title slide. Then go back in the history, turn off title layer so just END is showing. Flatten this, and save as a jpeg for the End slide. This also sometimes works, but not always. It will NEVER hang up at the title slide. Even though it was created from the same original file. I am on a Vista PC. here is a jpeg of the end slide. I would be happy to send a tiff of the layered image if it would help.
Photo of Marty Mignard

Marty Mignard

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Marty Mignard

Marty Mignard

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have discovered that if I save the END file as a tiff instead of a jpeg, it will not hang up. Very odd!