Photoshop: Shortcut to collapse panel pane

  • 1
  • Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Why not such a Shortcut-Function? Check:

(sorry, i wanted say on the image-words CLOSE AND OPEN) ;-)
Photo of Samuel Mino

Samuel Mino

  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Sad. Because i've not that possibility of such a shortcut.

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jeffrey Tranberry

Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging

  • 15079 Posts
  • 2146 Reply Likes
The shortcut most customers use is the [tab] key to hide the panels.

If you do hit tab, you can activate the panel temporarily by moving your cursor over the edge where the panels are - and they will pop-open.
Photo of David

David, Official Rep

  • 2905 Posts
  • 421 Reply Likes
Hi Samuel,

Like Jeff said, <tab> shows/hides all the panels.  Are you looking to add a shortcut for a specific panel?  If that's the case, you can go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and choose Panel Menus from the dropdown at the top, left.  Then, find the panel you want and set a shortcut for Close in that panel.

Hope that helps,