Photoshop: Renaming groups & layers in Photoshop similar to After Effects

  • 2
  • Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)
Not sure if this feature already exists, but I love the way the naming of layers/groups works in After Effects or on a mac - hitting the return key to highlight the name, in addition to the traditional double clicking method (the double clicking method has always been a pain to me...)
Photo of julie c

julie c

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Chris Cox

Chris Cox

  • 20280 Posts
  • 831 Reply Likes
No, return or enter doesn't work in Photoshop - because most of the time a tool option will be targeted for text entry, not the layer.
Photo of christoph pfaffenbichler

christoph pfaffenbichler, Champion

  • 1241 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
Dang, miss-clicked a »like« ...

You could always assign a custom Shortcut (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts > ) to Layer > Rename Layer.