When using Quick Export As PNG, if I quit photoshop before the icon has actually shown up on my desktop, then it's just lost forever. It should have a "this file is being saved in the background" warning message the same way the "save" command does, not just silently cancel the write if you happen to quit before it has silently finished writing.
- Create a large document (i.e. 24000x6000)
- Fill it with noise or something to make the resulting file take longer to write
- Open an Explorer window to the folder you're intending to save it to (or make sure you can see the desktop if you're saving there)
- Do 'Export > Quick Export As PNG'
- Before the document's icon appears in the folder that you're saving to (this takes about 1m30s on my machine), quit Photoshop.
- Photoshop immediately quits as though it weren't in the middle of something important, and the PNG it was supposed to export never appears.