In the online help for Elements Organizer 14
You can replace the location tag of a media file with a custom name to better identify the location or to personalize the location tag. For example, you might want to change the location tag to “My office” or “My home”.I do this frequently. I have encountered the following design flaws:
- They stay sorted by the original name instead of the assigned name. This makes it hard to find tags.
- The right click menu for a Places tags includes an item [New search using "Original Tag Name"]
- When you change the name of the tag, you are limited to 26 characters. When the names are first assigned from the map, they are often over 26 characters long, and when you right click the tag name and choose "Rename", the resulting dialog box trims the original name to 26 characters. Thus, it seems the the 26 character limitation is not inherent to the catalog database, but rather, a flaw in the dialog box.
- Sort Places tags by the currently assigned name.
- Update the [New search using...] menu item to use the currently assigned name
- Fix the Rename dialog box to use the full amount of tag character name supported by the catalog database.
Be the first to post a reply!