Lightroom: Problem in with folder names containing national characters

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)
I have a database built with Lightroom 3.5. After upgrading to 3.6 I notice that when dragging photos into a folder with a name that contains national characters (eg åäö) it is duplicated in the database (but not in the file system).

A similar situation occurs when I use "Synchronize folder" on a folder containing such a sub-folder: it wants to both remove and import the files that are in the folder with the national characters.

It seems the system has changed how folder names are indexed, causing this. New imports work fine, but how to handle all my old folders?

I have detailed the problem in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4112700

Photo of wildhack

wildhack

  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of wildhack

wildhack

  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
After some more exploring I find that this could be a problem with folders created *prior* to 3.5. I just noticed that my younger folders with national characters do not have this problem, folders that I probably created with 3.5 then.

However, note the different sizes of the letter "å" in the screen dump above!

The new folder names, created with 3.5 or fixed tih "Update folder location", that work with 3.6, has the national characters in a slightly larger size than the others (this goes for "ä" and "ö" as well)! Not sure if that is a bug really, but it looks ugly.