Premiere Elements: Crashes on still title

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)
I finally managed to edit a film down to the one hour length and started to add effects, tidy the picture quality, etc. I added a still title and all looked OK until I tried to play back and then it crashed ... and continues to do so whenever it gets to a still title. I have removed the titles and the film plays OK then, which proves it's the title causing the crash.

How can I get this to work? (crash log follows)

What's the refund policy?

<!DOCTYPE crashreport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">
Photo of Mark Eagleton

Mark Eagleton

  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 2
Photo of David B

David B, Official Rep

  • 211 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties and the delay in response. I have some questions to help me better understand the issue.

- What version of Premiere Elements are you using?
- Are you working on a Windows or Mac system?
- The still title that you have narrowed down to being the issue, was it created within Premiere Elements or a different program?
- What is the file format and pixel dimensions of the title causing the issue?
- Does the issue happen with all titles or only this specific one?

Please follow up when you get the chance and we'll go from there.

-Dave
Photo of Chris Peterson

Chris Peterson

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The same thing happens to me.
Running version 9
Windows 7
All titles created within Premiere Elements
Happens with all still titles
Photo of Chris Peterson

Chris Peterson

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same problem.
It happens on all still titles.
Running version 9
Windows 7
All titles created within Premiere Elements
Photo of Mark Eagleton

Mark Eagleton

  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi

Sorry for the quiet period, but I was sent all over the country on my job for six weeks and lost the will to battle with Adobe for a while with a new version that's not as good as the old one.

However, I have followed the advice/suggestions and changed the font face, using Arial (about as universal as can be) and, yes, it did work. I changed the first title to Arial and left the next one one the same cursive font and the film rolled over the first one fine, then crashed on the next one. When I changed that one to Arial too, it run over that fine and dandy. So, end result is, thanks very much for the suggestion of changing the font, it's a step forward.

I still feel agrieved that I can't edit old films made on V2 of Premiere because (a) I can't use the same fonts and (b) the old film has more than 25 chapters, which used to be allowed. Maybe Adobe will release a fix.

Best wishes to one and all.
Photo of Mark Eagleton

Mark Eagleton

  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK, darn and dash it all (language changed for public viewing), it's still crashing, despite using 'safe' fonts. Crash reports a-plenty have been sent. Honestly, it's a one-hour film and, taking away the time I've been on the road, it's taken eight weeks so far.