This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom Classic: Better keyword management
- We need an easy way to combe/merge keywords - yes it is possible at the moment but it is convoluted.
- We need to be able to cut and paste keywords in the keyword list hierarchy, dragging them around doesn't really work when you have 10,000+ keywords in your list (as I have)
- For stock photographers, we need the ability to change the order of the keywords to put the most relevant keywords first on export.
- We need the ability to prevent 'third party' images or images which haven't been exported with keywords in a hierarchy from creating new keywords in the wrong places on import.
- We need the ability to filter on synonyms as well as master keywords. Many a time, I have needlessly created a new keyword because I had forgotten the one I wanted was a synonym for a different keyword
- Autocomplete should autocomplete on synonyms and then replace with the keyword it is a synonym for. Again we can't always remember which is the 'master' and which is the synonym.
- We need to be able to filter for keywords with spaces in the name if I want to filter for "Tower Bridge" I want to see just the "Tower Bridge" keyword not the keyword for every bridge and every tower that I have created.
- Keyword sets should not be limited to 9 keywords each. It makes no sense. Allowing those sets to be of variable length would make a huge improvement to speed in which we can keyword.
- We need the ability to work in a larger panel with larger fonts. Managing keywords and metadata in a small side panel with tiny fonts is difficult on the eyes. Many of us actually spend more time doing keywording and metadata than we do developing our images.
- We need to be able to do keywording in on our mobile devices AND have it sync back to LR Classic. It's just crazy that it's now available there but doesn't sync. We should have our LR keyword list available to us on the mobile devices. Some of us have spent years building up custom taxonomies to support our business.
Getting any one of these fixed would make a real difference to professional photographers round the world. LR is 10 years old - some of us, myself included, were raising many of these keywording issues when we were beta testing LR version 1 and TEN YEARS later there has been no improvement.
I had really hoped that we could have seen at least some progress by this stage. I am truely disappointed in Adobe on this one.
There are no replies.