Photoshop: I'd like to be able to double click a text area in Photoshop to edit text like Illustrator

  • 2
  • Idea
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • (Edited)
Dear Adobe Gripe #4453

"How come I can't double click a text area in Photoshop to get inside the box to edit it as in Illustrator? (I know you shouldn't do type in Photoshop but sometimes it is required.)"
Photo of Photoshop FAQ

Photoshop FAQ, Official Rep

  • 162 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Jeffrey Tranberry

Jeffrey Tranberry, Sr. Product Manager, Digital Imaging

  • 16501 Posts
  • 2647 Reply Likes
Official Response
In Photoshop, the shortcuts are to hit T to select the text tool and click on the text area to edit. You can also double-click on the Text Layer thumbnail in the Layer's panel to enter text editing mode: