After looking more closely at my JPG images with Phil Harvey's EXIFTOOL it seems the correct Latitude and Longitude data is preserved in a new XMP structure that was added to the image when I wrote the Metadata to the file using the Ctrl W function. It's only the GPSInfo Tag information that has been truncated. I have been able to use the freeware tool GeoSetter to correct some of the corrupted GPS location information. It's a slow and tedious process but at least I can recover some of the wrong location information. It was such a worry to see a hiking photograph taken 20 odd kilometres inland suddenly appearing 20 kilometres out to sea. This is still very new to me and learning curve I didn't expect to need. I am incredibly disappointed with Adobe for having corrupted my data so badly. I have had to adopt a totally new workflow process for cataloguing my photographs, one of the main features I was looking for when I purchased PSE 2019. I hope this bug can be corrected quickly.