Photoshop Elements 2018 Editor: Expert Mode: Cookie Cutter Tool.
- Open image.
- Select a shape (e.g., Rectangle).
- Choose a proportion (e.g., Fixed Size).
- Enter W x H dimensions.
- Put check mark in "Crop" box.
- Crop image with this Cookie Cutter.
- Flatten & Save image.
- Close PS Elements.
- Re-open PS Elements with a different image.
Problem: The application does not default to the last shape used, nor to the last chosen proportion. It defaults to the Heart shape and Unconstrained proportions. Previous versions of PSE always defaulted to the last used shape when opening and selecting the Cookie Cutter tool. This was desirable behaviour that I hope will be fixed/re-implemented.
This problem has existed in every version of PSE since (and including) PSE 13.