Photoshop 14 elements Photo Bin and Tool Options do not display properly

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
The Photo Bin (and Tool Options) only display in the left 30% of the window. This only allows 3 files to be visible. The remaining 70% is black. If I mouse over the black section, there are clearly contents. e.g. pop-up file names are displayed, and I can drag and drop files within the black space (but cannot see what I am doing).

I am using Win 10 Home on a laptop with 4k display and attached Full HD display. The problem occurs on both displays. Both Windows and Photoshop claim to have all updates installed.
Photo of David Mason

David Mason

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

  • 1
Photo of Steve Lehman

Steve Lehman

  • 619 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Hello David,

Working two displays is your problem my friend.  Adobe doesn't do that.   You need to go back to one.   Then in PSE14, load one photo, (needed for controls to display) then in the right corner where you see a ? but next to that is a pull-down menu with "reset all".  Do that.     

Steve Lehman, MCSE responding   
Photo of David Mason

David Mason

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks - just removing the hdmi cable from the laptop solved it.

Just a pity that I have to undertake selected Photoshop functions on a 14.4" laptop rather than a large external monitor...

David