I have been working through a couple thousand photos I imported from this weekend. I just removed those I am not keeping and those that I'm sending to LR Classic for panorama merging, but now all the photos I just removed from my Imports album are returning, including ones that are still in my LRCC library and ones that I'd already deleted. I can't figure out how to get it to stop, and it seems to be going on with no end in sight... slowly, one image at a time. Is it going to restore all 1800 of the photos I didn't decide to keep? Help!
Maybe it would help if I outline my entire workflow when this happened:
- Get back to the trailhead, import SD card to Photos on iPad. Then open Lightroom and allow photos to auto-import into an album I named "Imports."
- When I get home, open LR Mobile on iPad, let photos sync.
- Go through photos and move all pictures that I am going to merge to Panos out of that album and into another. Export them to LR Classic. Delete them from LR CC.
- Go through remaining photos, starring, and editing as desired.
- Remove all unstarred photos from the "Imports" album and move them to another album.
- At this point, my normal process is interrupted as photos that have already been removed and photos that have been deleted from the "Imports" album, start showing up again. (This is about 6 hours after the photos were imported and about 3 hours after they were synced.) I spend half an hour or so trying to figure out what is happening so that I don't lose any photos that I don't want to lose. At this point I post here.
- Eventually, as the photos are still re-appaearing, I decide that it would help if continued with my process and export all the non-keepers to my archive drive, then delete them from LRCC.
- I then removed all my keepers from that album and moved them to a new album. From there I organized them as appropriate as photos kept coming back into the "Imports" album.
- Went back to the "Imports" album and removed any starred keepers and deleted any rejects that had returned.
- At this point, I was tired and way past when I should have gone to bed, so I called it a night. Up to now, I'd been removing and deleting photos from the "Imports" album as they re-appear. Probably around a hundred by now.
- I wake up to find another 300 or so photos in the "Imports" album that had been completely empty when I went to sleep (on all three devices I was working with: my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone).
I notice you use auto import to import the photos from the camera roll into Lightroom. Perhaps that is what causes them to re-appear. If you don't delete them from the camera roll after they have been imported in Lightroom, then perhaps deleting them from Lightroom triggers a re-import from the camera roll.