No update of the first number in a sequence in subsequent imports in Lightroom 4

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Hi, after a long session with assistance, I report this problem.
In these days I was importing my pictures in a Lightroom catalog. In order to prevent duplicates I decided to rename files with a progressive number as a suffix. I already applied this method when importing with Canon Utility, so I wished to use it with Lightroom importating too, continuing the progression I already had.
The problem I found is that once I set the first number in the sequence and I import pictures, in next import sessions the first number is not automatically updated, and it should be updated manually every time. This makes problematic to use sequences since I have to manually update the first number of the sequence remembering from the previous session. And in the case of delayed imports it could be difficult or impractical to retrieve it.
Assistance confirmed me this dysfunction, so I signal it in order to suggest to implement it in a future patch.

Filippo Coppolino
Photo of Filippo


  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 1

Be the first to post a reply!