Missing Identity Plate in Lightroom Print Module

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
I keep Lightroom (now 5.3) completely up to date and for the last few versions, I've lost the Print module's Identity Plate functionality. A version of it will appear in the image centre if I check 'Render on every image' but it can't be moved around in the way the main Identity Plate could be when it was working. In Library, I have enabled Identity Plate. Font chosen is the default. I've tried different font colours and increased Opacity & Scale, and also tried using a graphics file.

I mentioned it to Julieanne Kost and she suggested posting the problem here.

(I use Mac Pro running OS X 10.8.5; 2.66 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon, 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM.)

Thanks,
Mark Johnson
(London)
Photo of Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Carmen Shaw

Carmen Shaw

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Photo of Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Julieanne Kost was very helpful last January and liaised with one of the engineers who replied to her, "I can get the ID plate to disappear by simply dragging the id plate off the page. If I never change the template I can't get the ID plate to return unless I switch to a new template and toggle the ID plate button."

I think that's how I lost it originally, dragging it too far past the edge of the page. She said the problem was to be added as a bug to be fixed. Meanwhile, I found a workaround - as posted to JK: "I found a temporary fix. I tried choosing a Lightroom template and changing parameters to match one of my User templates - fine, and the ID plate works, but I can't right click & update with current settings - the option isn't there. However, if I right click & choose New Folder (called New MJ templates), I can then in this folder change the parameters of that Lightroom template to match my chosen User template and right click to update with current settings (the option is there): the ID plate functionality is fine. However, if I try that with one of my original User templates where the ID plate functionality doesn't work, and put it similarly into a new folder, the ID plate functionality still doesn't work.

I just checked on LR and the problem is still there, unfortunately. At least I know how to make the ID plate work for me if I need it, which I haven't done for a long time.