Although similar to already reported problems it seems different enough to report it as a new topic.
What I did:
- [OK] Set LrM to auto-import photos
- [OK] Created new collection and set it to auto-import
- [OK] Imported 679 photos from card reader to iPad Pro to camera roll.
- [OK] 679 photos were imported into the new collection in LrM
- [Err] LrM tells me that all is synced to the cloud
- [Err] I saw just 677 photos were synced to LrD
When I checked LrW/LrI (Lr in web/internet) only 677 photos were synced there. The two missing photos are shown as "will be synced", but this never happens.
So, apart from not having synced all photos, why is LrM telling me that all photos are synced?
Syncing per se is troublesome, but all the more it requires to be setup flawlessly in order to be used. If you cannot trust it, you cannot use it.