For example in a folder, there are 11 edited photos (photo modifiés in french) I want to see.
LR indicates 11 pictures on the menu but shows me 349 pictures instead.
And if I choose No edited pictures, LR indicates "no pictures available".
Is it something wrong with LR or I don't understand something ?
Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 Apple
Here are pictures explanations :
After a day or so I realised what the problem was.
When I import, I do lens correction on all the files during the import. LR counted that as an edit.
Perhaps your issue is something along the same lines?
The Library Filter bar says there are 19989 Unedited photos, but the status bar shows 19986 (three fewer):
The status bar shows the correct numbers, while the Library Filter bar is incorrect.
But even if some were stacked, when Edited is selected, the number to the right of Edited (9193) should match the leftmost number of the status bar but doesn't (9196 of 29182 photos). It should also match the number of thumbnails actually shown in grid view (9196) but doesn't.
(I didn't actually count the photos in grid view, but when arranged in rows of 9, with a total of 9193 photos, there should be 4 photos in the last row. But in fact there are 7 photos, which corresponds with 9196 photos being shown.)
All are sync with Lightroom CC, all are in collections and two have been developped.
All photos are unstacked.
When I select All, i see 6 photos on the grid (ok) :
When I select Edited I see 6 photos on the grid (not ok)
When I select Unedited LR shows "no photos match the filter" (not ok)
--> same photos than above (6)
And Unedited :
Could you please make the following test :
- Select the 6 images.- Hit Ctrl-S in order to update or create the XMP files.- Go to the Metadata menu and "Read metadata from file" (this will not change anything to the actual metadata).
- Check again the edited/unedited status.
My problematic three photos were taken by the iPhone Camera app and synced by iOS LR CC to LR 7:
Patrick's magic spell of doing Metadata > Save Metadata To File followed by Read Metadata From File eliminated the inconsistency:
I suspect this bug arose from the programmer who implemented LR 7's sync with LR CC. With capture dates, she/he didn't understand LR's crufty database schema with respect to timestamps and stored times with the wrong time zone in some of the catalog timestamp fields:
All Photographs 10029
Has Adjustments 3950
No Adjustments 6079 = 10029 (OK)
Has Edits 5328
No Edits 4701 = 10029 (OK)
Has Adjustments OR Has Edits 5328 (meaning that all images having Edits have Adjustments)
Has Adjustments AND No Edits 0 (consistent with above results)
Has Edits AND No Adjustments 1378
No Edits AND No Adjustments 4701 = 6079 (consistent with above results)
Metadata Filtering (Edit column)
All (2 Edits) 10029 (OK)
Edited 4042 (inconsistent)
Unedited 5987 (inconsistent)
Now, if some Adobe rep could explain what Edited, Unedited, Has Adjustments and Has Edits mean, I would be grateful. Time to make the LR nomenclature consistent.
If an Adobe developer is reading this, there is a way to verify this :
When the problem occurs, using the filename, look for one of the affected files in the AgLibraryFile table and get its id_local or id_global. Using this ID, look for the image in the Adobe_imageDevelopSettings table and get the value in the hasDevelopAdjustmentsEx field. Then check whether it's identical to the crs:HasSettings field in the XMP file.
This requires writing some SQL code, though. I have no time left for this for the moment.