LR 5.6 bug - Edit a Copy w LR Adjustments ignores Radial Filters

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
LR 5.6 bug - Edit a Copy w LR Adjustments doesn't export Radial Filters
When editing in Photoshop using this method, the Radial Filters seem to be ignored. The workaround is to Export a new TIF file, then bring that into PS, then reimport that back into LR. This seems to be a bug however.
Photo of David Walden

David Walden

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde, Champion

  • 269 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
Working fine for me. What OS are you using, what version of PS are you using, and what file type are you working with?
Photo of David Walden

David Walden

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mac OS X 10.7.5, PS CS6, LR 5.6, editing external TIF 16bit Pro Photo RGB
Photo of Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde, Champion

  • 269 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
OK, we need someone to check on a Mac. I'm using Win7, and as I said it's working correctly there).
Photo of Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde, Champion

  • 269 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
Have now installed PS (CC 2014) on my Mac, and again I see no problem with Radial Filters when opening a Tiff into PS using "Edit a copy with Lightroom Adjustments".

So I'm a bit stumped! But I see that Steve Sprengel has responded to your post over at the U2U forum, maybe he'll have an answer.
Photo of Rikk Flohr

Rikk Flohr, Champion

  • 1373 Posts
  • 334 Reply Likes
David,

Check your ACR version you've installed. If you are still using a version of ACR that predates the introduction of the Radial Filter, PS will be unable to interpret it.

Update your ACR version: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/mu...
Photo of Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde, Champion

  • 269 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
Well, I've just learned something! I thought that PS's ACR was only used to render Raw files, didn't realise it's also used on rendered files such as Tiff, Jpeg, etc.

Explains why I was stumped!!
Photo of David Walden

David Walden

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes it was my ACR version - thank you! I thought that since I was working with TIF files, the ACR version was not relevant. I've updated to 8.5 and the problem is resolved. Thank you to Rikk and everyone who paid attention :)