Lightroom CLassic 7.3.1: Loupe view changed behaviour after updating

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Yesterday I updated LR Classic
CC to 7.3.1 

I then started to edit several folders of new photos and found myself getting frustrated with unexpected things happening.

Maybe I am nuts/wrong etc etc.... but it seems to me that there have been some change that I have not seen referred to by anyone.

In the LIBRARY Module, using the GRID VIEW,  if you select a number of images any keywords, stars, flags, colour labels etc you enter will be applied to all the selected photos. This is as it was before.

However, before if using the LOUPE VIEW, with a number of images selected, any keywords, stars, flags, colour labels etc you enter would only be applied to the image being viewed in loupe view. Now all those things are being applied to all the selected images.

There are pros and cons to this, depending on your workflow, but if you use the short cut "X" to set as a reject now it is applied to ALL the images in the selection when using LOUPE VIEW, where before it was only applied to the single image.

In SURVEY VIEW, if you click the "x flag" at the bottom left of one image, ALL the images are given an x flag whereas before only the one image rec'd the x flag.

However in the COMPARE VIEW, if you click on the little x flag bottom left, it is only applied to that one one image.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my memory going?????

Maybe I hit some key that changed the behaviour as I have talked to someone else running 7.3.1 and they are not seeing what I am experiencing
Photo of Jim Robertson

Jim Robertson

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 weeks ago

  • 1
Photo of Jim Robertson

Jim Robertson

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just solved it ! I have been working on it for the past few hours and finally decided to post here. Then I was back looking again and noticed that "AUTO-SYNC" was on at the bottom right of the LIBRARY Module. I clicked on the "vertical slider" and it changed to sync and all is back to normal.  I have never consciously used, not even looked at, SYNC in the LIBRARY Module so how it got changed is unknown, must have accidentally clicked on it.