This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Photoshop CC 2019: Masks not applying to smart filters
To replicate the issue:
- Create a blank photoshop file
- Insert a Linked Smart Object (.psb) from File > Placed Linked
- Edit the Linked Smart Object
- Apply a Smart Filter (e.g. Gaussian Blur)
- Apply a mask to the Smart Filter
- Go back to the parent photoshop file that you created and update the Smart Object. Notice how the Smart Filter applies to the entire image, not just the mask.
There are no replies.