Lightroom 4 incomaptible with Facebook?

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago

I have just installed the LR 4.1 Release Candidate, which works fine in general but does not allow me to set up a publishing service with Facebbok. When seleccting "Set up" for the Facebook service I consistently get the error message:
"An internal error has occurred: There is something wrong in CryptUnprotectData."
I can procede with the validating dialogue after clicking away the message, but I never get validated in Lightroom.

The same problem occurred in LR 4.0, but I never had any problems publishing to Facebook in LR 3 versions.

I am running a 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC with 32 Gbyte of RAM. I have tried cancelling the Lightroom priviliges in Facebook from the Facebook page, and start anew, but the problem still persist.

The problem only occurs for the Lightroom service, not for e.g. Flickr.

Since the error is consistent, does not seem to depend on my Facebook account, and became visible with LR 4, I would like to report this as a bug.

Rolf Johansson
Photo of Rolf Johansson

Rolf Johansson

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Rolf Johansson

Rolf Johansson

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I found an answer to my problem by using this procedure described in another thread:


hello everybody

I had probably the same problem after changing my system from win XP to Win 7 Prof 64 and manually copying LR preferences from old system to new.

After that FB plugin show me the message: something wrong in CryptUnprotectData and autorisation with FB failed. I use jf Facebook plugin also and it works fine.

I try a warious method with deleted/reloaded/disabled and enabled FB service and they doesn't help.

Finally I deleted this section from LR preferences file:

["pw_pw_com.adobe.lightroom.export.facebook_com.adobe.lightroom.export .facebook_1462068433Key"] = "AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAAdUMU.........qAAAABAAAADplLE740dKWYP QsWhXy6HDAAAAAASAAACgAAAAEAAAAHcIKRNCHbMrYTlEF1NkPiNgAAAAQZXSdYJ/Rn/V/ iT7f6NbYuWcXMZoF+Tsq7FYmPwa/rgeNpM0ivh0ORw+0Cf79UJZ0iI4..........ACeA0 0GwYQ8ysXk/F+dL7HgW30m3",
["pw_pw_com.adobe.lightroom.export.facebook_com.adobe.lightroom.expor t.facebook_1462068433UID"] = "AQAAANCMnd8BFdERjHoAwE/Cl+sBAAAAdUMUGLoh...................gAAqAAAAB AAAACQ/ZttXZ5yoLi1TuDl2buNAAAAAASAAACgAAAAEAAAAKgcUFBO/9CbtXTicEq9p4YQ AAAAog5VGeJ+OJX77q7W7wulghQAAAAheEDhrCk2C7mDzr99UG/AvGm/7A==",

and it help.

maybe it helps you.

LR preferences file: C:\users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences (in Windows 7)

or C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\ (in Windows XP)



sorry for my english...