This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom: Video capture time shifted by time zone offset
2 issues exist due to the inconsistent capture date/time on all my .MOV files. :
* Renaming video files on import using date & time in filenames
** Renaming video files using date OR date & time in filenames
Info: I'm using LR Classic CC (v. 8.3) and I have tested Canon 5D Mark II and IV, iphone 6s Plus and iphone X.
*Renaming video files on import using DATE+TIME
1. Import a video and rename upon import as:
Date (YYYY)-Date (MM)-Date (DD)_Hour.Minute.Second.MOV
1. Library shows inconsistent Date Digitized and Date Captured.
*Date Digitized= correct capture date and time; and agrees with import screen's.
*Capture time= import time for all video files.
2. Filename time is wrong for all video files.
3. Filename date is wrong for all video files taken after 5:59 pm or 6:59 CST.
4. Files are sorted correctly
Conclusion: **SOMEWHERE in LR there is another time that isn't shown and is off by 5-6 hours (at least in Central time zone), resulting in the file naming/re-naming problem. This is the time that is used for naming files.
** RENAMING existing video files with DATE+TIME:
1. Use any existing video file that has inconsistent date/time digitized and date/time values (such as the files imported above):
2. Rename them:
Date (YYYY)-Date (MM)-Date (DD)_Hour.Minute.Second...
3. They are renamed using the date/time value, which is the IMPORT date/time. Absolutely useless.
Conclusion: No idea.
I know the workaround. The workaround gets OLD. And there shouldn't BE one.
Is there a way to change the date?? My luck I could have fixed my own issue. I don't see anywhere to change the time zone... But it's always consistently 5-6 hours off, which is just weird.
Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom: Still inconsistent capture date/time for photos and videos.
There are no replies.