This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom Mobile: Mobile tethered shooting
1. Write full size raw's to my CF card and jpg's to my Eye-Fi
2. The Eye-Fi wirelessly transfers the jpg's, via the studio's wifi (not peer to peer, although P2P is available as a failback if no wifi is available) to Photosmith on my iPad
3. I use Photosmith to assign star ratings, flags, color labels, etc. right there on the spot
4. When I return to my desktop I import the raw's from my CF card into LR using my standard import presets
5. I then wirelessly sync the iPad Photosmith collection to LR. LR detects that the images already exist (the raw's were imported in the previous step) so it only syncs metadata, which of course contains all of my ratings and flags from step 3
6. I can immediately start editing in LR the images that I already selected from my iPad while back at the studio
Honestly, this is a great workflow that works very well for me, but I feel it would be even better if I could do it all within LR Mobile instead of needing to use a separate app. I would think that step 5 in my workflow could be accomplished via Creative Cloud, so as soon as I import the full size raw's into LR, the metadata from LR Mobile would be applied to them. That would be great.
There are no replies.