Per online help; “Lightroom Workspace Basics” the following is listed under “Set how panel groups show or hide automatically”:Manual: Turns off automatic show/hide behavior.
- Windows 10, version 1803 (OS Build 17134.590)
- Lightroom Classic CC, Rel 8.2, Build 1204643
Steps to create:
- Set all panels to “Manual”.
- Close all panels.
- In grid view select a folder which contains a large number of photos.
- Select photo other than first.
- Initiate drag-and-drop to re-order photos.
- Simulate reordering photo to be first by moving mouse to left side of screen over closed panel.
- Panel will open overlaying the first column of photos.
- Panel will never close even after mouse moves off panel.
- Panel button remains in “click to open” mode.
i. Drag-drop operation must be cancelled.
ii. Panel button must be clicked to finish open operation (grid re-sizes to accommodate panel)
iii. Panel button must be clicked again to close panel.