- John Ellis]
I like working with LR and it's the software product I use the most. It's a good piece of software and I never had any troubles working with it and I always was a happy user. (German keyboard layout on a Mac)
But in the new LR version the keyboard shortcuts to rotate images have been changed, unfortunately to the worse. From (Command+) and (Command+.) to (Command+<) &
(Command+#). You did fix something that was not broken.
Here's what these new shortcuts do:
1) They only work for me when an image I have fully zoomed into an image.
2) The shortcut to rotate an image clockwise (Command+#) is the same as the one to zoom into an image (Seriously?! Did no one double check that before the release?).
3) In the previous LR version you could rotate images with the shortcuts in both directions without having to use two hands on the keyboard because the keys for both directions were right next to each other (, & .). Now the keys used for this are on the opposite ends of the keyboard (at least mine, which has a German layout).
I really hope you come up with an update to bring back the old shortcuts to rotate images.
As long as adobe did not fixed the bug, you can change your workspace to english language. Than you can use the shortcut ALT+5 oder ALT+6 to rotate your images. if you're ready, change language again.
There are four separable issues:
1. The German keyboard shortcuts have changed for Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Auto Tone, Create Virtual Copy, perhaps others. Adobe did this intentionally?
2. The shortcut for Rotate Right (Cmd/Ctrl + #) is also assigned to Zoom In. This certainly wasn't intentional.
3. The Help > ... Shortcuts screens weren't updated to reflect the new keyboard shortcuts. (The items shown in Help are manually edited, not generated automatically from the actual assignment.)
4. The shortcuts shown in the menus now uniformly use "Ctrl" on Windows, while the Help > ... Shortcuts screens say "Stg". Someone in the other forum said that German keyboards usually label the key "Stg". This inconsistency comes from manually edited strings and it does not have any affect on the keyboard assignments.If you want to see or change the text file defining the actual assignments and help strings see here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/custom-keyboard-shortcuts/
Unfortunately, it appears there still isn't any quality assurance done on the TranslatedStrings file defining keyboard shortcuts.
With the introduction of Lightroom classic several shortcuts have changed to the worse.
The new shortcuts for zooming are Ctrl+- and Ctrl+=
It is not possible to enter Ctrl+= on a regular German keyboard: The "="-key is a key shared with the zero: if you want to write "=", thus you have to hold shift while pressing the zero-key.
Therefore in Lightroom Classic I can only enter Ctrl+0 or Ctrl+shift0. Both are not equal to Ctrl+=, therefore nobody with a German keyboard can zoom via shortcuts anymore.
Moreover, I can also not program my Wacom tablet to do this, since I have the same problem when trying to enter this key combination there.
Result: my whole workflow is broken up now. Everytime I want to zoom, I have to take my pen, go to the navigator, choose... It takes hours more.
The tables below show the shortcuts for CC 2015.12 and 7.0.1, in Develop and Library, and the contents of Library > Help > Library Module Shortcuts, as specified in TranslatedStrings*.txt.
Also, in German, the Strg key is incorrectly labeled as Ctrl in the shortcuts shown in the menus. This is because of the following change in TranslatedStrings*.txt:
It is impossible to use the rotate photo shortcut on a Italian keyboard since CTRL [ and CTRL ] cannot work.
The  keys are only available on a Italian keyboard with the ALT Gr key.
I have to use the mouse to rotate photos.
Shortcuts do not work in many cases for example
turn images: CMD+, &CMD+.
Import of LR Catalogues from Servers, extern Harddisks and similar is not possible with catalogues created in LR Classic CC but catalogues created in older LR Versions are.
For the rest it runs a bit faster
But overall it seems more like a downstep than an update.
I can't seem to get the shortcut ctrl+[ and ctrl+] to work in Lightroom CC(Windows) and using a swedish keyboard. I guess it has to do with that I need to press altgr+8 to get [ and altgr+9 to get ]. So, ctrl+[ dosent work. Neither does ctrl+altgr+8. So, how can I rotate my photos with shortcuts? ;)
My most important Lightroom feature doesn't work anymore. Exposure correction with default keyboard shortcut "#" doesn'T work anymore. Lowering exposure with "-" still works. But increase with "#" only gives me a error sound.
"$$$/AgLibrary/Menu/Photo/RotateLeft/Key=Cmd+,"Unfortunately, the shortcut for Rotate Left (Cmd + ,) doesn't work because it is also assigned to Preferences:
"$$$/Application/Menu/Edit/Preferences/KeyWin=Cmd+,"Even though this assignment seems to imply it's just for Windows, testing shows it also applies to Mac.