LIghtroom CC Classic export watermarking fails

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
I have been unable to watermark photos using LR export since I updated to version 7.1 a few days ago. (Windows 10 also automatically updated during this time). I've run multiple times with text watermarks, changing fonts, opacity, location, etc. I also twice uninstalled the new LR version and reinstalled without any apparent benefit. I viewed the photos in Windows Explorer and Photoshop CC and there is no visible watermark. Any help would be appreciated.
Photo of Jeff Girard

Jeff Girard

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Ruby Maurya

Ruby Maurya

  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jeff, 

I have tried exporting photos with both text and Graphic watermark on Win 10. It worked perfectly well. Is it happening every time?

Thanks,
Ruby
Photo of Jeff Girard

Jeff Girard

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes it does. I've tried using Library, Develop and Print modules to watermark and export and they all fail.
Jeff
Photo of Todd Shaner

Todd Shaner, Champion

  • 991 Posts
  • 324 Reply Likes
Try resetting the LR Preferences file as outlined at the below link.  Uninstalling and reinstalling LR does NOT over-write the Preferences file. If  corrupted it can cause strange issues such as you are experiencing.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/
Photo of Jeff Girard

Jeff Girard

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
 I did reset the preferences and also ticked the connect to catalog box. Seems fine now. No idea how the connect went blank...maybe the update? Anyway, thanks for the help.
Jeff
Photo of Todd Shaner

Todd Shaner, Champion

  • 991 Posts
  • 324 Reply Likes
So resetting the Preferences file fixed the issue?

LR 6 & 7 have two Preferences files: Preferences.agprefs and Startup Preferences.agprefs. If you deleted or moved BOTH files then LR loses it's connection to the current catalog file. When manually resetting the LR Preferences file only move, rename or delete the Preferences.agprefs file.
Photo of Jeff Girard

Jeff Girard

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Oops! I was premature in assuming I had it fixed. I can get some watermarking accomplished but not consistently. I did the software updates on my laptop this past weekend and have the exact same problem. There is a problem in 7.1 or the Windows upgrade on top of the LR upgrade to 7.1 creates the trouble. I'll try the preferences reset again.
Jeff
Photo of Jeff Girard

Jeff Girard

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I renamed the LR 6 file and tried again. It finally hit me that that perhaps only certain fonts would work. A quick test showed that to be the case. I have a couple of fonts working and will test before running any new ones in the future. Thanks for your help.
Jeff