Why would you release a version of lightroom as a standalone product that doesn't actually have any new features. It's a waste of time and money for users to upgrade. It makes me think that you guys are just out to get money and that maybe it's time to switch editing suites.
If you read the details of what LR6 gives you, compared with LR5, you would see that the major improvements were:
Lightroom CC on the desktop
- HDR Merge: Create natural-looking or surreal images from extremely high-contrast scenes. Using HDR merge, you can easily combine multiple shots taken with different exposure settings into a single high dynamic range image. Click here to learn more.
- Panorama Merge: Stitch together multiple images, including raw files, to create stunning panorama shots. Click here to learn more.
- Performance Improvements: Get more done, faster. Lightroom takes advantage of compatible graphics processors to boost its overall speed, especially in the Develop module.
- Facial Recognition: Easily find and organize photos of family and friends with new Facial Recognition features in Lightroom CC. Click here to learn more.
- Advanced video slideshows: Combine still images, video and music with professional effects like pan and zoom. Click here to learn more.
- Filter Brush: Precisely control which parts of your image are affected by the Graduated or Radial filters. Now you can use a brush to edit the filter’s mask, adding or subtracting filter effects wherever you want.
The full details are here:-
People who subscribe to the CC version get to be 'public beta testers' for the new stuff that will be in LR7!!
It's not personal, and they're not doing it to be nasty or because they don't value your custom.
Are you saying that LR 6.0 and LR CC 2015.0 had different features? The .0 versions had the same features, except that CC allows mobile cloud sync.
When Dehaze was added as a feature to the .1 version, only CC 2015.1 got it, LR 6.1 did not.
All 6.x versions have the same the .0 features, but CC 2015.x gets more features continuously because you're paying continuously.