This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom: Photos filtered by keyword and edited with external editor disappear from Grid
For this keyword, if I filter on Metadata, and select the keyword, then the newly edited files are selected if the keyword column is for Hierarchical View, but not if it is set for Flat view.
Interestingly, the count of keywords is correct (the count includes the newly added TIFFs), but they don't show, when I apply a keyword filter.
To be clear (redundant), let me say that there are 3 CR2 files with this keyword. I edit all in Photoshop, and save as TIFFs. Now Lightroom says that there are 6 files with this keyword (the three CR2, and 3 TIFF). If I look at the Keyword list panel, it shows "6" after the keyword. If I look at the Keyword panel in the Metadata Filter Panel, it shows "6" after the keyword. However, if I set the Keyword column in the Metadata Filter panel to "Flat" and select the photos with that keyword (either by clicking on the arrow after the keyword in the Keyword List panel, or selecting the keyword in the Keyword column), then only THREE images (the CR2s) are shown. If I set the keyword column to show Hierarchically, then all 6 show.
If I remove the keyword from the three TIFFs and then add it again, it fixes the problem. Synchronizing the folder with the TIFFs does not fix the problem. Nor does optimizing the database.
I suspect that this has something to do with the hierarchy of keywords that I am using. I have found other infelicities (issues, but I can't call them bugs) with non-exported keywords in the keyword hierarchy, and perhaps they are showing up here too.
I can supply an example, but have not tried to replicate this with a new, virgin database.
In this image, you can see that my Quick Collection has 6 images (three CR2s and three TIFFs), the keyword column shows that all six have the keyword "Lepidium sp.", but selecting the keyword only displays three of the images (the CR2s).
As I said, this bug only occurs for some of my keywords, and I haven't tried to track down why those keywords are different than the ones that work correctly.
Contact me if you want more info. Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop 13.0