This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom: Doesn't ignore case of folder names
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Classic
I am seeing some strange behavior on importing images, either from RAW on a camera card or JPEG on a thumb drive.
My work has always been to create a folder in the Folder panel of the Library Module of Lightroom. Then import and set thew destination to the newly created folder in the import panel.
As of 3 days ago this importing has some strange behavior. Now I should mention that my Catalog and Library are in the default Picture folder of the boot drive. (2TB SSD)
What I see:
1) The destination folder shows 0 after the import
2) A new phantom folder is created with the images inside.
3) The path for the folder is identical to what I had created prior to the import except the new folder is outside of the picture folder, in fact it shows even when the user folder is closed.
4) If I right click on a newly imported image and select show in finder, it shows it in the destination folder I had selected, not the phantom folder.???
5) If I try to drag the images into the destination folder I get a pop up window saying they can't be moved because they already exist. ???
I have made a screen movie of this behavior, it should be below.