Lightroom Mobile: I don't see all my pictures when I view the synced folder on the Web

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.2 Release on MacBook Pro OS X Version 10.11 El Capitan.
I created a stored slideshow and set it to sync with Lightroom mobile. When I look in https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/ I notice:
1) The web page shows 457 pictures, but Lightroom shows 458 pictures in the collection. How do I find out which picture is missing? Why don't I get a warning that the sync didn't work properly?
2) The web page shows 3 of the 457 pictures as having an error (no picture, simply an exclamation mark). How can I figure out what went wrong with those 3 pictures? How can I fix them?
Photo of Ivan

Ivan

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Matthew Johnson

Matthew Johnson, Employee

  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Ivan,

For the discrepancy between Lightroom's count of 458 and web's count of 457, do you have any videos in the collection? Lightroom desktop currently does not sync videos so if you have one in the collection on the desktop, that is likely the difference. If you do not, please let me know.

For the other 3 pictures, I would expect that the errors would show up in Lightroom desktop, in the Catalog panel on the left side under a collection called 'All Sync Errors.' If there's nothing there, please let me know.

Additionally, it looks like it's possible that those 3 images are either missing or just in an offline volume and not currently accessible. One of them is named IMG_5590-HDR.dng and you can probably search Lightroom for it and hopefully figure out the status of the original file. I don't have the names of the other two currently (is this visible in web for you?). It's possible finding the one image will help locate the other two. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Matt Johnson
Software Engineer - Lightroom
Photo of Ivan

Ivan

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I found 3 three broken pictures in the All Sync Errors collection and understood that they could not be located for some reason. I connected my external drive, where all the originals are located (I work with smart previews locally), and the errors disappeared. Now I see all 458 pictures in the web as well. I'm not sure why the 3 went missing, or what was wrong with the 4th missing one which did not even appear as an error, but now they're all there and that's what matters.

Thanks for the quick and helpful response!