Photoshop: Hue Shift Brush

  • 1
  • Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • (Edited)
One feature I would dearly love to see in Photoshop is the Hue Shift brush as in Zbrush. This allows you to bend the hue of pixels eg turn a green more blue of more yellow. The alt key allows you to toggle between directions. I use it a lot. In fact I sometimes export my psd into Zbrush just to make use of that feature
Photo of John Halpin

John Halpin

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Chris Cox

Chris Cox

  • 20280 Posts
  • 823 Reply Likes
If you know the color you want, you can do that in Photoshop - just change the blend mode on the brush to Hue (or Color if you also want the saturation to change).
Photo of christoph pfaffenbichler

christoph pfaffenbichler, Champion

  • 1235 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Wouldn’t painting on the Mask of an accordingly set Hue/Saturation Layer pretty much do that, too?