Photoshop: Gradual transform

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)

I am a photographer and sometimes I need to gradually transform edges of my extreme wide-angle images. Since I am using a 17mm tilt shift lens, I can get very wide angle (more than usual 17mm lens). The problem with such images is that everything that is in the edge of the photo looks very stretched. It would be nice to have some gradual transform tool so that I can transform edges in a way that parts that are further from center of image are being transformed (resized) more than those that are closer to the center.

Here's an example of a normal photo:

And here's example of one I transformed using normal transform tool:

On the second one, I just selected small part of image in the right corner and transformed it, same thing with left side. This method, however, will not work with other examples, although it did a good job here.

Hopefully in one the future versions of Photoshop I will see "Gradual transform" tool :)

Ilija Veselica
Photo of Ilija Veselica

Ilija Veselica

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Chris Cox

Chris Cox

  • 20280 Posts
  • 846 Reply Likes
Have you tried Lens Corretion?
Or Liquify?