This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lightroom: Ability to delete the default develop presets
I do not need the default develop presets that installed with Lightroom Classic CC 7.3. Unfortunately, they cannot be deleted. I tried deleting the ones buried with the Lightroom.app file (Mac High Sierra). They still show up and they still work.
But they can be hidden from view. And for me, out of sight is out of mind. Here's how:
- Open an image in Adobe Camera Raw. If for some reason, you can't open an image directly into ACR, follow steps a.& b, otherwise, skip to step 2
a. Open an image in Photoshop as a Smart Object
b. Double click the Smart Object icon in the Layers Panel
This opens the image in ACR
- Open the presets panel
- Right click on the preset set you wish to hide
- Click on "Hide This Preset Set"
- Repeat for any preset sets you wish to hide.
- Click OK to close ACR
- Close the image.
- Return to Lightroom
- Close and restart Lightroom. The offending presets will be gone.
Hope this helps to alleviate some of the pain of upgrading to Lightroom Classic 7.3.