Flickr Export Plugin in Lightroom 6 ignores "Remove Person Info" setting and exports person keywords like regular keywords

  • 3
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
When exporting photos to Flickr using the built-in export plugin, the "Remove Person Info" setting is ignored and the person keywords are exported anyway. This is a serious and unexpected information disclosure.

Regular export and other export plugins like JF Collection Publisher work fine and honour the "Remove Person Info" setting as expected.

The only workaround i found is editing the keyword itself is mark it as "no export" in the keyword tag settings, which is impractical as I want to be able to include person infos on other exports.
Photo of Philipp S. Tiesel

Philipp S. Tiesel

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 3
Photo of John R. Ellis

John R. Ellis, Champion

  • 4541 Posts
  • 1215 Reply Likes
Interesting, happens to me too.

As a workaround, did you trie Friedl's Flickr plugin? He actively maintains it and is very responsive. (A fix to the Adobe plugin will take months at a minimum, if at all.)
Photo of Philipp S. Tiesel

Philipp S. Tiesel

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I tried migrating to Jeffrey's plugin but despite the many nice features, it is mostly unusable for me because I can not import the old Set/Collection mappings :-(
Photo of John R. Ellis

John R. Ellis, Champion

  • 4541 Posts
  • 1215 Reply Likes
Some more info on this bug: I used Friedl's Run Any Command to insert a post-process action in the Flickr publish service that saves away a copy of the exported file. That copy has all the person keywords removed. This suggests that the Flickr plugin is mistakenly uploading a wrong version of the file.
Photo of John R. Ellis

John R. Ellis, Champion

  • 4541 Posts
  • 1215 Reply Likes
See this bug report for a related bug I just discovered: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh.... This bug is not causing the the Flickr problem, since that problem occurs regardless of the setting of Write Keywords As Lightroom Hierarchy.
Photo of Inklaar

Inklaar

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bug has not been fixed in 6.1.1
Photo of Benjamin Warde

Benjamin Warde, Employee

  • 486 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
Thanks Philipp, I am able to reproduce this problem, and I have reported it to the Lightroom engineers.

Thanks,
Ben
Photo of John R. Ellis

John R. Ellis, Champion

  • 4541 Posts
  • 1215 Reply Likes
The release notes for LR CC 2015.2 say this is fixed: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...
Photo of Benjamin Warde

Benjamin Warde, Employee

  • 486 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
Official Response
This is fixed in Lightroom 6.2, which is available today.

Thanks,
Ben
Photo of Seppo Enarvi

Seppo Enarvi

  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm still seeing this bug in Lightroom 6.14. Removed "Include on Export" from individual keywords, but that didn't help.  Then enabled "Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy" in Flickr plugin settings and that seemed to fix it.