Photoshop Elements: Find function doesn't work in PSE 10 Organizer

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Just updated from PSE 7 to 10. The find function in the Organizer does not work. No matter what picture I select and drag to the find bar (same if try finding similar through the drop down menu), I get the same results: all pictures in my catalog from a certain date to the present, all with 0% as the amount of compatibility. Am really frustrated, and at this point wish I had not upgraded. Would LOVE this function if it actually worked.
Photo of Karen Wade

Karen Wade

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Brett N

Brett N, Official Rep

  • 2257 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
The find function has changed drastically with Photoshop Elements 10. What are your settings?
Photo of Karen Wade

Karen Wade

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've restored all settings to default.
On the Color-Shape slider, I've set it at either end and at many spots between. No difference. No matter where it is set, no matter what picture I ask it to find, I get identical results. Every picture taken since 5/29/09, all with 0% See example:

Photo of Brett N

Brett N, Official Rep

  • 2257 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Just to verify, you are not currently filtering for an Album or keyword tag, right?

Also, because nothing is coming up as above 0% similarity, try re-indexing. Go to File>Catalog. Select your catalog from the list at the bottom and click the Repair button. You will likely be told that not errors were found in the catalog. Put a check in the box to Re-Index Visual Similarity Data and click Repair Anyway. See if searching works better after this.
Photo of Karen Wade

Karen Wade

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No, not filtering.
Had high hopes for this, followed your instructions, re-indexed and repaired. But, no change in results.
Photo of Brett N

Brett N, Official Rep

  • 2257 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
As you've got things working on your side Karen, I'll go ahead on close this topic as "Solved", although there still is some mystery as to the root cause.

For those of you who are just joining us, Karen and I communicated outside of this forum and found that the catalog (or possibly one of it's support files) was corrupted. She imported all of her images into a new catalog and everything is now working.