I purchased a DVD of Photoshop Elements 2018. The trial edition of PSE 18 is still on my PC. As is PSE15. I am wondering what happens to my old catalogs during this new install.
When I am downloading the new PSE 2018 will there be a part during the installation process that states something like, "Do you have any old catalogs that you want to import?"
I have read on this forum about using a tool that Adobe has to UNINSTALL my previous versions of PSE. Is that tool available to me (a non-cloud user)?
What are some of the common mistakes that get made during this type of procedure? I want to proactively ask now.
Here is what I assume would be an adequate install:
1. Update and optimize any catalogs that I want to keep (one's that I want for my new PSE 18).
2. Uninstall all previous versions of PSE using the Adobe tool mentioned above .
3. Install my new PSE 2018 via the disk that I bought.
4. During the install it will ask me if I have any catalogs that I want to import into the new PSE 18. (I'm guessing here)
5. I tell it yes.
6. I navigate to that spot and do the importing of previous catalogs that I want to keep.
7. Let the install finish and then all is well. (I hope!)