If I enter a misspelled keyword accidentally it continues to show up in "Autocomplete" even though I delete it from the Keyword List.
I've never had this happen before. I recently upgraded to the 9.0 release.
My specific example of this behavior is when I go through to keyword basketball photos one of my keywords is Dribble. In the past I could type in dri and hit enter and it would autocomplete Dribble. I accidentally entered dri9 (the 9 is above the right side of the I key) and when I hit RightArrow to move to the next photo it entered dri9 into the keyword list. On the next dribbling photo when I typed dri it showed dri9 as the top option in autocomplete. I went into the keyword list and deleted the dri9 keyword. That removed it from the photo and from the keyword list but it still shows up in autocomplete.
I tried to see if I could remove it by entering dri9 in a different photo. This added it back to the keyword list. I went into the list and deleted the dri9 keyword again. That removed it from the photo and autocomplete again but then when I tried to enter dribble I noticed that I now had two instances of dri9 in the autocomplete popup. I continued to try exiting lightroom and backing up/optimizing the catalog and entering and deleting the keyword. Nothing worked although I now have four instances of dri9 in the autocomplete popup. There is also another keyword that it has happened on although I can't remember what it is now.
One other thing I did try using the Filter Keywords box in the keywords list and can't find dri9 anywhere.
I am having the same issue. Below my post from the community forum.
In my case deleting the "Helper-Folder" solves the problem only temporary. Keywords removed in the past disappear from the autocomplete list. But as soon as I am entering new keywords and remove them again the same issue comes up again.
Since the update to Version 9.0 LR keeps on suggesting Keywords which were entered once but removed from the list afterwards.
As I am no native speaker I added the screenshot below to make clear what I mean. I simulated that I tagged a photo of my friend Sabine errously with "Sabiene". After recognizing my "fault" I removed the keyword from that photo and hit "Purge Unused Keywords". That succesfully removed the keyword from the keyword list but not from the suggestions. At the time the screenshot below was made "Sabiene" wasn't in the keyword list anymore.
Deactivating "Offer suggestions from recently entered values" and "Clear all suggestions lists" don't have any influence on the behaviour. Also this problem seems to affect all of my catalogues. No matter if they were updated from previous version or newly created ones. The only workaround I found until now is to delete the helper.db of the catalogue.
I had the same result as Christian above.
I shut down Lightroom, deleted the helper file and the "dri9" keyword disappeared from the autocomplete popup when I got back into Lightroom.
I tried entering dri9 again on a photo and then deleting it from the Keyword List. After deleting it from the list it disappeared from the keywords in the photo but it persists in the autocomplete popup.
I'm going to delete the helper file again so it won't cause issues and await the fix!
Thanks for looking at this so quickly!
The feature "Purge Unused Keywords" is not working properly. A keyword that was used but that no longer exists in any images still appears in the Keyword drop down when typing. I selected all images in the Catalog (no filters on, etc.) and according to the Metadata pane, the Keyword isn't be used in an image, so it's still being stored in Lightroom's cache of used keywords. This is frustrating because I need a tightly controlled set of keywords for use in my office of several photographers (who may not know they're using the wrong keyword), and incorrect keywords are a real pain in our workflow.
I created a new catalog and imported the same photos that were in the other catalog, and the bad keyword doesn't show up, so it's Lightroom at fault, not human error.
I am using the most recent version of Lightroom Classic (Version 9.0). I misspelled a keyword and then I corrected the spelling and purged unused keywords. When I look at the keyword list they have been purged but then when I start typing to add a keyword the misspelled and previously purged unused keyword is coming up as a keyword suggestion. The older versions deleted unused keywords from the suggestions as well. please fix this.
I have multiple key words using Lightroom Classic that are misspelled or just incorrect, and they appear on the drop down when choosing a new key word for an image. They have been corrected in the Key Word History module but they continue to show up in the suggested drop down lists. This makes my OCD go crazy! Is there anyway to get at these incorrect Key words and erase them off the face of the Earth?! I am currently key wording thousands of images and it's an issue for me to get the correct Key word applied while trying to avoid incorrect Key words.
I have begun to use the custom Key word set feature and like that. Too bad you only have Nine Key words per set.
I've tried 3 methods for solving this; none have worked:
- clicked on "clear all suggestion lists"
- deleted LR preferences
- deleted helper.lrdata file associated with catalog
3. deleted helper.lrdata file associated with catalog
This is strange because helper.lradata is where the suggested list is kept by LR, so removing it suppress the suggested list.
When I discovered this bug, I even fixed the suggested list by manually removing the bad entry in the helper.lradata (what the remove keyword process forget to do), so I didn't loose other keyword suggestions.