would suggest to contact contact Customer service. For contact support options, you can see this: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html
Please remember that chat support is only available if you are facing: Serial Numbers & Activation OR Account & Payment issues.
You might need to select correct option to land up for chat support.
and here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/temporary-activation-expired.html
The problem is that the old serial number remains on the PC in a common file even after removing CS3.
Here is what worked for us:
1. Go to Adobe support page, key in CS3 activation. It will bring up the page on Activation or Connection error.
2. Sign in with Adobe login or create one.
3. It will ask for your CS3 serial number. Key it in. The page will respond with a new CS3 serial number.
4. Note the links further down this page for installing the new CS3.
5. Close out of CS3 and out of any browsers.
6. Go to control panel and un-install CS3 completely.
7. When this is finished, use File Explorer to find the AdobePCD folder in the c:Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe folder. Delete this AdobePCD folder. This is the one that has the old serial number that is preventing the new activation and it is not deleted by de-installing CS3.
8. Now click on each of the two file links (file 1 of 2 and file 2 of 2) (noted above on the CS3 install page. These will spawn a loader program which you must accept and will take quite a quite a while to load. In the middle of the first load, a box will open noting a missing AdobePDF.dll file. Use the browse button and find the file at c:Windows/sysWow64/ Once you have chosen this path, click okay. The first file load will complete, then click on file 2 of 2 and let it load.
9. Once the loads complete, open CS3. This time it will ask for the new serial number obtained from the Adobe website above. Key it in as noted.10. Open CS3 again. It will bring up a box to register. Click on "Never Register." Now you are done.
There is only one file showing for my download for CS3 for Windows in English.
I never get the message that Adobe PCD is missing.
My program installs under my user file.
When running setup, I always get an error message "You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop CS3". No other program is installing.
I did have one instance out of about 20 where CS3 actually installed and said my activation was out of date, or something to that effect. And then directed me to Adobe's website, which we all know doesn't work!
Should I go get another Photoshop Program from another vender? Adobe appears not to be concerned with my issues with Adobe CS-3.
I'm trying to install Photoshop CS3 on my Mac, it's updated to the new High Sierra, and I'm having issues with activation... I even tried looking up on the Adobe website and getting a new serial number, uninstalling and reinstalled... It still won't activate with the new serial number!!! I obviously can't use the telephone number to activate... and everything that I look up just says to update to the Cloud......but I don't want to have just flushed money down the drain on a program that won't work!! Please help :(