Is this ever going to get fixed? After hours of googling all I find is more people having the same problem.
This is in no way actually related to not enough memory, I have 40% of my 16 GB RAM free, 8 GB scratch space on one disk, 200 GB more on another, and it happens even when I'm trying to content-aware fill a single pixel in <1 MB single layer file...
Persists after reinstalls or resetting preferences, same in 19.0, 20.0.1 and 20.0.2
Other people have reproduced the bug, given the steps.
Here's a sample file: https://ufile.io/a4fml
- zoom in to 300% (optional)
- select spot healing brush (default = size 19 px, mode normal, content-aware)
- click with it at the top here: https://imgur.com/a/oyfKPdh
- click anywhere else, it does the memory message anywhere unless it's an empty area.
- select any non-transparent area, even if it's just 1 pixel, with the rectangular marquee, click it with the right mouse button and select fill (content-aware)
And yes, I know the intended effect could be done in other ways, but that's not the point here. I've been doing this in the past all the time, so it did work before (using content-aware healing spot on the borders or transparent parts).
The only change I can think of is that I desaturated (shift+ctrl+u) this layer.