2 second lag after clicking on any menu item.
4-8 second lag after right clicking on any image.
3 second lag while selecting images with arrow keys.
2 second lag selecting multiple images
My system is high performance:
. 12 Core 3.3Ghz Xeon Processors
. 24GB RAM
. Primary drive is 8 SSDs in a RAID0 configuration
. Dual nVidia Quadro FX5400
. OS: Win7 x64
CS5 and CS5.5 were very “snappy” in responsiveness on this system. CS6 Bridge works fine on my laptop, perfectly responsive.
Once Camera RAW or Photoshop are open, no issue working in these tools, so, the issue is bridge.
Here’s my debugging steps which have not worked to fix the issue:
1. Installed the latest camera RAW plug in from Nikon. Nikon D800 RAW .NEF files work in windows explorer and in CS5.5.
2. Installed all windows updates
3. Installed the lastest nvidia FX5800 card drivers
4. Uninstalled all Adobe products (reader, media player, etc.)
5. Uninstalled all plugs ins (HDR, noise, etc.)
6. Checked there are no fonts on the system (no TTF files)
7. Uninstalled Office 2013 to make sure there were no system font issues.
8. Uninstalled all Nikon software except the RAW plug in.
9. Deleted C:\Program Files\Adobe and C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
10. Searched for any Adobe reference in c:\Users\\ (example AppData), and deleted it.
11. Cleaned the registry of any reference to Adobe or any dll related to Adobe or an Adobe plug in.
12. Rebooted multiple times.
13. Re-installed CS6 Master Collection.
a. At this point it did not recognize my raw photos (.NEF from a Nikon D800).
14. Installed all Adobe Updates.
a. The updates fixed the camera raw issue
b. Ran FontTest.jsx – all fonts passed, none failed.
15. Tried Preferences:
a. Advanced -> Use Software Rendering : CPU utilization went up, but, no impact on the lag
b. Startup Scripts : Disabled all but Photoshop CS6
c. Increased Cache Size, Compacted Cache, Purged Cache, Reorganized Cache, etc.