I bought Photoshop Elements 15 yesterday and found that the drop down menus do not work in Organiser. They do work in Editor though. I even reinstalled Windows 10 64 bit from scratch and tried again. Same problem.. That is no good to me so I organised a refund and I will wait for version 16.
The menus seem to be missing when I have auto-hide task bar and the organizer is full screen. To get the menus back, either unmaximize Organizer, or turn off the task bar auto-hide. Also the Organizer seems to ignore Tablet Mode in Windows 10 (I'd expect it to at least maximize itself in tablet mode). So, my work around is to only auto-hide my task bar in Tablet Mode, and only run Organizer in Desktop Mode.
I didn't have any of these problems in the version 14.1 Organizer.
I gleaned two work-a-rounds from this thread which seem to help. Neither are ideal but are better than nothing.
The first was to disable the graphics card. Hardly satisfactory as then the rest of my PC is shackled.
The second was to turn off the Auto Hide Taskbar function. A minor inconvenience but still irritating.
It seems you can choose one or other & you don't have to both.
Apologies for the inconvenience you are facing. We are extremely sorry for this and would like to investigate this issue further.
For those who are not seeing mouse cursor while working with menus, it would be very helpful if you can provide following details:
1. Display Adapter
2. If you are using an external mouse, then details of the same.
3. Video Card Driver installed on your machine
4. OpenGL version running on your machine.
You can check this link to get the required details.
Also, please try updating these drivers from the manufacturer's site and see if it helps.
With all these details, we would try to reproduce this issue locally and get back to you with the solution.
To consolidate, there are two different issues being talked about in this thread:
- Menu dropdown, right clicks not working with Auto Hide taskbar on : We have been working on this issue and are able to reproduce this locally on some of the windows machines, while it works fine for most of them. While we are working towards providing a solution for this issue, we would request you to please try out following workarounds for the time being. Turn OFF auto-hide taskbar OR Launch EO in un-maximize mode.
- Mouse Cursor not invisible while working with menus : Our team is working towards getting a reproducible scenario for this issue, though are not able to see this issue on any of the machines as of now, so require your help for the same. Considering the wide variety of system configurations where this application gets installed, we are looking for the graphic card and Open GL details in the machines where this issue is coming, as we think that this issue is related to graphic card configuration of the system. Requesting you all who are facing mouse invisibility issue, to please provide the necessary details. Meanwhile, we are also reaching out to users on one-by one basis to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Here are my datas. Many thanks in advance for your job !!
My new Adobe PSE15 has this fault. In Organizer I cannot interact with menus in the menu bar because menus don't scroll down. Also, the right-click mouse button does not produce a response, I cannot delete items from catalogues etc. The organizer is just not usable
I contacted Adobe and was told to disable my graphics card, this did solve the problem but mucked up everything else on my PC! So the problem really is PSE 15's to sort out. I see many users have this problem, please can you tell me when it will be fixed? This is holding up my work and we have all purchased a product that is not fit for purpose.